Weekly Tweetbits

NEYMAR, Barcelona forward, on their determination to overcome a 4-0 deficit to Paris Saint-Germain in their Champions League last-16 clash. Barcelonawonthe second leg 6-1 to advance 6-5 on aggregate.
NEYMAR, Barcelona forward, on their determination to overcome a 4-0 deficit to Paris Saint-Germain in their Champions League last-16 clash. Barcelonawonthe second leg 6-1 to advance 6-5 on aggregate.
SHAQUILLEO’NEAL, four-timeNBA champion, on his recent Twitter spat with Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant over his incessant ribbing of Warriors’ reserve centre JaVale McGee.
SHAQUILLEO’NEAL, four-timeNBA champion, on his recent Twitter spat with Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant over his incessant ribbing of Warriors’ reserve centre JaVale McGee.
Following Barcelona's extraordinary Champions League comeback to oust Paris Saint-Germain in the round of 16, the Internet has been awash with memes on how unlikely the aggregate victory was. This one juxtaposes the Catalans' win with the Best Pictur
TONYBELLEW, British boxer, before his heavyweight fight with fellow Briton David Haye, which hewonby technical knockout in the 11th round.PHOTO: INTERNET

BARCA'S BELIEF

As long as there's a 1 per cent chance, we'll have 99 per cent faith.

NEYMAR, Barcelona forward, on their determination to overcome a 4-0 deficit to Paris Saint-Germain in their Champions League last-16 clash. Barcelona won the second leg 6-1 to advance 6-5 on aggregate


IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE

He's a great player, but he ain't in the club yet. He's on the outside in line with (Charles) Barkley, (Karl) Malone and (John) Stockton. He's not in the club with me and those (championship) guys. That's why I tweeted him, 'Mind your business'.

SHAQUILLE O'NEAL, four-time NBA champion, on his recent Twitter spat with Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant over his incessant ribbing of Warriors' reserve centre JaVale McGee.


A TOUGH NUT TO CRACK

Once he sees that I can keep coming after he's landed something of decent size, that's when his will is going to fall apart.

TONY BELLEW, British boxer, before his heavyweight fight with fellow Briton David Haye, which he won by technical knockout in the 11th round.

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Sunday Times on March 12, 2017, with the headline 'Weekly Tweetbits'. Print Edition | Subscribe