SYDNEY • Bernard Tomic's rift with Tennis Australia (TA) looks unlikely to end any time soon after the player said that he had no interest in clear-the-air talks until the governing body resumed funding his sister Sara.
He was dumped from the Davis Cup quarter-final against Kazakhstan after he launched a public attack on TA.
It has withdrawn support for the pair because of the uncooperative attitude of their father John.
The Australians came from 0-2 down to win the tie 3-2 and set up a semi-final against Britain.
TA president Steve Healy reached out to its top-ranked player on Tuesday, offering talks to hammer out their differences.
The 22-year-old, apparently uncowed by his arrest in Miami last week for refusing to turn down the music during a party at his penthouse suite in a hotel, said there was no point.
"Until I am satisfied TA is committed to funding the development of junior Australian talent, including my sister Sara, on a non-discriminatory basis, I do not believe there is any point in meeting," he told the Herald Sun from Colombia, where he is competing in the Claro Open.
"Importantly, I would like to thank previous TA administrators for their financial support in the past. Current TA administrators sacked me from the Davis Cup for comments I made at Wimbledon.
"I stand by those comments."
World No. 29 Tomic would undoubtedly be a boost to the Australia team when they travel to England to take on a Britain team led by Andy Murray from Sept 18-20.
"I am always available for selection for Davis Cup. If TA select me, then great. If TA does not select me, then there's not too much I can do," he said. "Contrary to some self-serving reports, I am okay and strong.
"I have not hit rock bottom. Thank you for your continued support. I know I need to work harder."
REUTERS, THE GUARDIAN