PARIS (AFP) - World number one Andy Murray said he had shrugged off his latest bout of illness and will be fit for the French Open getting under way on Sunday (May 28).
Murray, the 2016 runner-up to Novak Djokovic, admitted he had been sick since arriving in the French capital on Sunday.
"I felt sick in the afternoon and didn't feel great on Monday but I feel better. Now it's just a cough," the 30-year-old British star said on Friday.
Murray has been plagued by poor health for large parts of 2017, suffering flu, shingles as well as an elbow injury.
Not surprisingly, his form has reflected his physical travails.
He suffered a shock fourth round defeat to Mischa Zverev at the Australian Open.
On clay, he lost in the third round in Monte Carlo, made the semis in Barcelona, was a third-round loser in Madrid before an opening defeat in Rome to Fabio Fognini.
"It's frustrating - it's the third time I have been ill this year," he admitted.
Murray has been drawn to face 2015 champion Stan Wawrinka in the last four at this year's Roland Garros.
He starts against Russia's world number 85 Andrey Kuznetsov and could face dangerous Juan Martin del Potro in the third round.
Injury-plagued del Potro, who lost to Murray in the 2016 Olympics final, is playing Roland Garros for the first time since 2012 when he made the quarter-finals.
If the seedings work out, Murray would face Japan's Kei Nishikori in the last eight.