SINGAPORE - The Singapore Sevens makes its much-anticipated return to the National Stadium after 10 years with 16 of the planet's top rugby sevens teams set to do battle on this weekend (April 16 and 17).
The shortened format of sevens promises end-to-end action and high-scoring matches crammed inside bite-sized seven-minute halves.
The Straits Times picks out nine players expected to play a starring role for their countries.
1. Cameron Clark, 23, Australia
2. Sonny Bill Williams, 30, New Zealand
3. Osea Kolinisau, 30, Fiji
4. Perry Baker, 29, USA
5. Seabelo Senatla, 23, South Africa
6. Dan Norton, 28, England
7. Collins Injera, 29, Kenya
8. Fernando Luna, 25, Argentina
9. Phoenix Hunapo-Nofoa, 21, Samoa
Position: Inside centre
The brightest spark in a struggling Samoa team, with Fijian-like sharp footwork and an abundance of speed and strength, he was part of the dream team in the Canada Sevens last month.