ST PETERSBURG (AFP) - The incoming president of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) will still not receive any salary, current head Jacques Rogge announced Friday.
Rogge said the question of a salary had been raised during the IOC executive board meeting, after talks with the six male candidates for the prestigious post.
"I have consulted with the six candidates, the six of them said they did not want to be remunerated," said Rogge, who is not paid a salary.
"They will go under the current system of reimbursement. That settles the matter for this election. However the principle can be revised shortly, should the situation change."
The six candidates to succeed Rogge, with the nomination announced on September 10, are Germany's Thomas Bach, Swiss Denis Oswald, Ukrainian Sergei Bubka, Singapore's Ng Ser Miang, Taiwan's Wu Ching-kuo, and American Richard Carrion.
"I don't expect a seventh candidate or an eighth - I think it will be six candidates," added Rogge.