#GameOfTwoHalves Ep 104: It’s game on in the Singapore Premier League after almost 7 months
Synopsis: Every Tuesday, The Straits Times tackles the biggest sports talking points.
This week, Money FM's Rachel Kelly and ST sports correspondent Sazali Abdul Aziz welcome Football Association of Singapore (FAS) general secretary Yazeen Buhari, who talks about how the national football body worked towards a restart of the local professional league - which will resume on Oct 17 after being suspended in March because of the coronavirus pandemic - and what fans can expect once kick-off arrives.
They discuss the following:
- How long FAS had been planning the resumption (1:36)
- Whether there was a point where it seemed the SPL might not return in 2020 (5:52)
- The new normal: swab tests, where substitutes sit, and are there handshakes (8:36)
- Could we see fans back at the stadiums for SPL games before 2020 ends? (11:46)
- Not one, but two Game of Two Halves Moments of the Week (13:04)
Follow Sazali Abdul Aziz on Twitter
Edited by: Nadiah Koh and Muhammad Firmann
Follow #GameOfTwoHalves podcast series and rate us on:
Apple Podcasts: https://str.sg/JWRa
Google Podcasts: https://str.sg/JX88
Feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org