LONDON (AFP) - The struggling Caterham team are set to return to action in the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the administrator of the British-based outfit said Friday.
Caterham's financial problems have seen it miss the last two races since it entered administration in October.
But administrator Finbarr O'Connell told the BBC on Friday: "It's set to go. Everything's packed and ready. We are literally waiting for a contract to be signed."
Earlier this month, fans of Caterham stumped up £1 million (S$2 million) in 48 hours in response to the team's attempt to secure funds to race in Abu Dhabi.
The long-time backmarkers missed both the US and Brazilian Grand Prix as they scrambled for funds that would get them on the grid in time for the Nov 23 climax to the Formula One season in the United Arab Emirates.
O'Connell, of administrators Smith and Williamson, said the lone outstanding contract issue surrounded the identity of one of the team's drivers, following Marcus Ericsson's decision to terminate his Caterham deal with immediate effect on Wednesday.
"There's a variety of contracts but this particular one is with one of the drivers we've been talking to," O'Connell said as he refused to reveal the names of drivers that Caterham, based in Oxfordshire, southern England, had contacted.