LONDON (AFP) - AFP Sport lists the 10 biggest incoming Premier League transfers of the January transfer window after the deadline passed on Monday (* denotes fee approximate and as reported by British media):
1. Giannelli Imbula (Porto to Stoke City): £18.3 million (S$37.58 million)
2. Oumar Niasse (Lokomotiv Moscow to Everton): £13.5 million
3. Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City to Newcastle United): £12 million*
4. Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur to Newcastle United): £12 million*
5. Benik Afobe (Wolverhampton Wanderers to Bournemouth): £10 million*
6. Wahbi Khazri (Bordeaux to Sunderland): £9 million*
7. Steven Naismith (Everton to Norwich City): £8.5 million*
8. Alberto Paloschi (Chievo to Swansea City): £8 million*
Another team seeking an attacking spark in the hope of avoiding relegation, Swansea boosted their options up front by signing 26-year-old Italian striker Paloschi. The move reunited Paloschi with newly appointed Swansea head coach Francesco Guidolin, for whom he played at Parma between 2008 and 2010.
9. Mohamed Elneny (Basel to Arsenal): £5 million*
10. Alexandre Pato (Corinthians to Chelsea): Loan
Once the great hope of Brazilian football, Pato returned to Europe after kick-starting an injury-plagued career in his homeland. The 26-year-old former AC Milan striker, signed to ease the burden on Diego Costa, described the move as "a dream".