A tournament full of surprises could end with a familiar result.
Portugal and hosts France are the last two standing in the continental showpiece that began with 24 teams. Debutants Wales (semi-finals) and Iceland (quarter-finals) provided the best fairytale runs before falling to Portugal and France respectively.
The finalists have met 24 times before, with France winning 18, drawing one and losing five.
But Portugal's last win over Les Bleus was in 1975. France have won the last 10 meetings between the two teams - their best current run against any team after their 13 straight victories over Luxembourg.
Here is a look at how France became one of Portugal's greatest ever nemeses.
The Perfect 10
1. March 1978 friendly: France beat Portugal 2-0
2. February 1983 friendly: Portugal lost to France 3-0
3. Euro 1984 semi-final: France beat Portugal 3-2
4. January 1996 friendly: France beat Portugal 3-2
5. January 1997 friendly: Portugal lost to France 2-0
6. Euro 2000 semi-final: France beat Portugal 2-1
7. April 2001 friendly: France beat Portugal 4-0
8. 2006 World Cup semi-final: France beat Portugal 1-0
9. October 2014 friendly: France beat Portugal 2-1
10. September 2015 friendly: Portugal lost to France 1-0
Not all match-ups between Portugal and France are one-sided. Here are five off-the-field contests that could give France a run for their money.
1. Famous food: Piri piri chicken vs duck confit
2. Popular pastry: Egg tart vs croissant
3. National drink: Port wine vs Pastis
4. Top sight: Jeronimos Monastery vs Eiffel tower
5. Celebrities with their blood: Tom Hanks vs Angelina Jolie