Work resumes at collapsed PIE viaduct project as stop-work order is partially lifted

Workers at areas near the Upper Changi Road East viaduct which collapsed in July last year seen in a photo taken on March 21, 2018.
Workers at areas near the Upper Changi Road East viaduct which collapsed in July last year seen in a photo taken on March 21, 2018.ST PHOTO: SEAH KWANG PENG
The Land Transport Authority said that there was a "partial lifting of the Stop Work Order on the project site" in Upper Changi Road East.
The Land Transport Authority said that there was a "partial lifting of the Stop Work Order on the project site" in Upper Changi Road East.ST PHOTO: SEAH KWANG PENG
Workers on the site after the stop-work order was partially lifted.
Workers on the site after the stop-work order was partially lifted.ST PHOTO: SEAH KWANG PENG

SINGAPORE - Even as the probe into the fatal collapse of a Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) viaduct enters its eighth month, work has resumed at the site in Upper Changi Road East.

Workers were seen this week operating machinery on the road level of the ill-fated project. On July 14, 2017, a raised section gave way, killing one worker and injuring 10 others.

Please or to continue reading the full article. Learn more about ST PREMIUM.

Enjoy unlimited access to ST's best work

  • Exclusive stories and features on multiple devices
  • In-depth analyses and opinion pieces
  • ePaper and award-winning multimedia content