Here's how to apply...
Send the following details to email@example.com
Please note that your e-mail should not be more than 15mb.
Part (A) - Applicant's particulars
1. Name of applicant:
3. Age (as of Jan 1, 2012):
5. Contact number:
6. E-mail address:
8. Talent (dance, vocals, musical instrument (specify which), others):
9. Solo or group performance (for group performance, please include particulars of all group members):
10. Please include:
(i) A one-page write-up on why you want to be part of ChildAid 2012
(ii) A video recording on your performance
(iii) A recent photograph
(iv) Your past accomplishments
Part (B) - Particulars of Applicant's parent/guardian
1. Name of parent/ guardian:
2. Contact number:
3. E-mail address:
Alternatively, you can mail the above this address: Chinatown Post office, PO Box 429, Singapore 910502
Please note that the closing date for entries is Friday, May 18.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited to an audition in June. Judges' decision is final. No other correspondence will be entertained.
What is ChildAid?
ChildAid is a charity concert featuring talents under the age of 19, and is in aid of The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund and The Business Times Budding Artists Fund. It is organised by The Straits Times and The Business Times, two newspapers published by Singapore Press Holdings.
The concert is a platform for young talents who have excelled in their field, to showcase their talent.
This year is the eighth year ChildAid is being organised, and the theme for this year's concert is The Electric Edition.
When and where will it be held?
ChildAid 2012 will be held at Marina Bay Sands on Friday, Dec 7 and Saturday, Dec 8. It will be staged at the Grand Theatre, which has a seating capacity of 2,155. The public will be able to buy tickets to the concert. Details on the ticket charges and when they will open for sale will be announced nearer the concert date.
In previous years, ChildAid was held at the NUS University Cultural Centre (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011) and Resorts World Sentosa (2009, 2010).
Who can perform?
ChildAid is open to all aged 19* and below who have musical or dance talent. Once selected to be part of ChildAid, candidates must agree to commit to all the rehearsals and concert dates**.
*Please note that SPH reserves the right to verify the birth dates of the applicants.
**Short-listed applicants will be invited to an audition in June. Those selected candidates will commence rehearsals in September (during the school holidays). Intensive rehearsals will start in November.
Do I have to pay to register?
No, there is no registration fee. You will be invited to an audition if you are short-listed. And only selected applicants will get to perform at ChildAid.
Do I have to sing/dance a solo? Or can I sing/dance in a group?
You can choose to do a solo act or perform in a duet/ group.
I am not a Singaporean, can I still take part in the contest?
Yes, you may.
Is there an age restriction for this contest?
Yes, applicants must be under 19 years old as of 1 Jan 2012. Parental consent and information are required.
If I am living overseas, can I apply to perform in the concert, if I undertake to return to Singapore for the rehearsals?
Yes, you can still apply to be part of ChildAid. If you are short-listed for the audition, you will have to return to Singapore to perform. And as part of the commitment to the show, which is required of all ChildAid performers, you are expected to attend the rehearsals, where necessary. The organisers of ChildAid will not pay for your airfare to Singapore and accommodation, which will be on your own expense.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Please note that by submitting your video to us, you agree that all rights, title and interests in the video (including all copyright and intellectual property rights in it) are hereby assigned to and vests in Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) absolutely. You also agree that you will, at SPH's request, execute all documents and do all acts required to effect, perfect and record such assignment. When you assign all your rights in the video to SPH, it generally means that you no longer own the video and SPH becomes the new owner of the video and therefore has all the rights of an owner to deal with the video in any manner SPH deems fit, without having to seek permission from you or anyone else. If you do not agree to the aforesaid assignment, please do not submit your video to us.
2. By submitting your video to us, you are also representing that you are the exclusive owner of the video and that you agree to compensate SPH and to hold it harmless and blameless for any loss, damages, liability or expenses that it may suffer or incur as a result of a breach by you of any rule or regulation or term or condition, or of any representation that you make, or where it turns out that you are not the exclusive owner of the video you submitted to the contest.
3. All submissions must be filmed or captured by the contributor(s), or be of the contributor(s) singing, dancing or playing a musical instrument, and filmed or captured by another person at the contributor's request and all videos submitted must be owned exclusively by the contributor and/or contestant to whom these terms and conditions apply. The contributor(s), the person(s) filmed/ captured in the submission and/or the person who filmed or captured the submission are deemed to have consented to submitting their entry to the organisers. Lip-synching is not allowed.
4. The video submission should not exceed 15MB and should not be longer than 4 minutes. And it must be in the following formats: MP4, MOV, WMV
5. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 18, 2012. Queries must also be directed there.
6. Entries that contain any illegal, defamatory, obscene, or offensive material will be immediately disqualified.
7. The organisers assume no responsibilities for damaged, poor quality, garbled, lost, late, delayed, or misdirected entries.
8. Only short-listed entries will be invited to audition before a panel of judges. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
9. All those shortlisted after the audition will be asked to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement.
10. Once selected, the candidates must commit to take part in ALL scheduled ChildAid rehearsals and concert dates. SPH reserves the right to invite any suitable candidates to perform in ChildAid - dates of rehearsals, show etc.
11. The laws of Singapore shall govern the agreement between you and SPH and the courts of Singapore shall be courts of competent jurisdiction.