Waitress jailed for two months for stealing from men she took to hotel rooms

When two women offered a construction site supervisor a "threesome" for $50, he thought it was a deal that was too good to pass up. He took the bait, but the women were only out to steal from him.

While he was in the shower with one of them, the other fled with his cellphone and $150 in cash. On Friday, former waitress Nurul Bayah Abdullah, 24, was jailed for two months for committing a series of thefts.

The man met Nurul and her alleged accomplice Ang Hui Ying, 31, at 4am on Sept 5 last year along Desker Road. The trio then checked into a room at the Royal India Hotel in Syed Alwi Road.

Ang is said to have left the hotel room in a hurry after the shower and the duo sold the phone in Geylang for $180. They were arrested two days later and charged with theft.

Then on Dec 6 last year, Nurul got a storekeeper to consume drugs that she said would make him "sexually strong" when they were actually sleeping pills.

The two of them were then in a room in Min Wah Hotel in Lorong 22 Geylang. He had paid her $200 for an hour of sex. After he fell asleep, she stole his mobile phone and his wallet, which contained $150 and personal documents.

Six days later, she stole the cellphone of another victim whom she had lured into a hotel room with an offer of sex for $50 an hour. Described as "an elderly man" in court papers, he fell asleep 10 minutes after entering the room.

A fourth charge for stealing a cellphone from an unknown person in Redhill in November last year was taken into consideration by the judge when passing sentence.

Arguing for an appropriate jail term, Deputy Public Prosecutor Sheryl Janet George said that Nurul had continued to steal even while she was on bail for the offence in September.

She pleaded guilty to three theft offences. The maximum punishment is a seven-year jail term and a $10,000 fine.

Ang has not been dealt with.


Join ST's WhatsApp Channel and get the latest news and must-reads.