Three individuals are believed to be injured after the first-floor ceiling of JEM mall collapsed due to a burst water pipe.
IT engineer Jackson Khoo, 30, was on the first floor when the accident happened at about 10.15pm.
"I was walking and heard a loud sound coming from behind me. When I turned around, the ceiling just fell to the floor and water gushed out," he said.
Mr Khoo said maintenance officers rushed to stop water flowing from the pipe. The water had also begun to seep into shops located on the first floor.
Last month, three employees manning the Ready-to-Eat counter at NTUC FairPrice Xtra store in JEM shopping centre suffered minor burns when a deep fryer caught fire. A car also caught fire in the mall's carpark last month.
-- VIDEO: INSTAGRAM OF GORDONMNG