Take part in a subscriber contest and you could win a dinner treat at Chinese fine dining restaurant Hua Ting.
As part of the ST+ news with benefits programme to reward subscribers, The Straits Times is partnering Hua Ting Restaurant to treat 12 subscribers and their partners to an exquisite tea-pairing dinner on March 22. The dinner will be hosted by ST Life editor Tan Hsueh Yun and ST food critic Wong Ah Yoke.
Famous for its Cantonese cuisine, Hua Ting was established in 1992 and underwent a multimillion-dollar makeover last year.
Winners will get to savour new signature dishes by masterchef Chung Lap Fai and his team of accomplished chefs. The dinner comprises six courses, paired with a special selection of Chinese tea inspired by the four seasons.
The contest opens today and ends on March 16. The first 12 correct entries will each win a pair of passes to the dinner. Winners will be notified by March 19.
Join the contest
- Download SPH Rewards app.
- Look for the giveaway in the "Rewards" section.
- Save the deal to your e-wallet.
- Press the "Go to website" button on the "Details" page and answer this question: "What cuisine is Hua Ting famous for?"
- Include your name, e-mail address, contact number and address in the form provided.
Movie treat for the family
Subscribers of The Straits Times are in for a family movie treat this March school holidays. Take part in a subscriber contest to win tickets for a preview screening of Sherlock Gnomes on March 14.
The first 25 entries with the correct answer will each get four tickets to this animated comedy-mystery film from John Stevenson, the director of Kung Fu Panda.
In this sequel to 2011's Gnomeo and Juliet, the lead characters arrive in London, concerned with preparing their garden for spring. But they discover that someone is kidnapping garden gnomes in the city and call Sherlock Gnomes for help.
Sherlock Gnomes, voiced by Johnny Depp, sets about solving the mystery with his sidekick, Gnome Watson. The movie also features the voices of James McAvoy, Emily Blunt, Mary J. Blige and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Take part in the contest via the SPH Rewards app. The contest is open to direct subscribers. It opens today and closes tomorrow.
Winners will each get four tickets to the preview on March 14 at 6.45pm at Shaw Theatres Lido.
Join the giveaway
- Download the SPH Rewards app.
- Look out for this giveaway in the "Rewards" section.
- Save the deal to your e-wallet.
- Press the "Go to Website" button on the "Details" page and answer the following question: "Sherlock Gnomes is from the director of Kung Fu Panda. True or false?"
- Include your name, mobile number and address.
The Straits Times Loyalty Programme allows readers to enjoy a whole range of dining, shopping and leisure perks by just subscribing to The Straits Times. There are also lucky draw prizes to be won and discounts for exciting events.
HOW TO ENJOY SUBSCRIBER BENEFITS
- Open the Apple App Store for iPhone users or Google Play for Android phone users.
- Search for the SPH Rewards app and download it. Users with existing mySPH accounts can use the same user ID and password to log in to the app. Those who have yet to create an account can follow the simple steps to register for one.
- Subscribers can get family members to download the app on their own devices and sign in using the same login details to benefit from the deals.
- After logging in, simply flash the ST+ e-card in the application to enjoy benefits from various partners.
Advertisers who are keen to inquire about the ST+ Loyalty Programme may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org