Singapore has stepped up checks and patrols at key locations after the deadly bombings that struck Manchester and Jakarta earlier this week, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said in a statement to the media yesterday.
The explosions on Wednesday night in East Jakarta, Indonesia, killed three police officers and injured 10 people.
The attack happened just days after Monday's suicide bombing in the northern English city of Manchester, which left 22 people dead and 64 injured. The Manchester attack was the deadliest militant assault in Britain since the London bombings in 2005.
The MHA spokesman said: "Following the attacks in Manchester and Jakarta, our agencies have stepped up checks and patrols at key locations, the air, land and sea checkpoints, transport nodes and in our waters.
"We will continue to monitor the developments closely and calibrate security measures according to the threat environment."
The spokesman added: "All of us have an important role to play in keeping Singapore safe."
Members of the public who notice any suspicious item or person should promptly call the police on 999 or the ISD Counter-Terrorism Centre on 1800-2626-473.
The public can also make a report through the SGSecure mobile application.
Toh Wen Li