FAR EAST SQUARE
Conserved in 1997
A stretch of 61 rundown shophouses off Raffles Place in Telok Ayer was transformed in 1999 into a modern area for offices and a variety of food and beverage outlets. Historic buildings include the 191-year-old former Fuk Tak Chi temple- turned-museum. Telok Ayer Street was once a landing site for Chinese immigrants who arrived in Singapore by boat.
NO.1 PULAU UBIN
Conserved in 2003
Built in the 1930s, House No. 1 is situated on the eastern tip of Pulau Ubin, and was once the seaside cottage of British Chief Surveyor Langdon Williams. The Tudor-style house - made of brick, granite stone and timber - is the only house in Singapore with a working fireplace. It is now the Chek Jawa Visitor Centre. Restoration work began in 2005.
ASCOTT RAFFLES PLACE
Conserved in 2007
Once the tallest building in South-east Asia in the 1950s, this 18-storey skyscraper, completed in 1955, used to be the office of Asia Insurance Company. It now houses the Ascott Singapore Raffles Place service apartment suites.