Man dies after being electrocuted while repairing faulty air-con unit

SINGAPORE - A worker who was sent to repair a faulty air-conditioning unit at a shophouse along Dunlop Street died after apparently being electrocuted on Friday evening.

The police were informed at about 6.30pm. When they arrived, they found the man, who was in his 20s, lying motionless on the upper level of the two-storey shophouse.

Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.

A travel agency, Sunshine Tours and Travel, and an Internet cafe operate in the shophouse.

The owner of a Indian restaurant across the street, Mr Mohamad Nasir, 50, said the victim had been sent to repair the faulty air-conditioning unit at around 6pm. "Someone on the upper floor found him lying down faced downwards," he said.

The police are investigating the case of unnatural death.

Join ST's WhatsApp Channel and get the latest news and must-reads.