Heavy rain over the eastern and central parts of Singapore on Sunday afternoon led to flash floods.
A PUB spokesman said that flash floods were reported in the following areas:
- Paya Lebar Road (under PIE-Paya Lebar flyover)
- Service Road off Upper Paya Lebar Road (near Lim Teck Boo Road)
- Arumugam Road and Ubi Ave 2
- Eunos Crescent
- Junction of Macpherson Road and Harvey Road
- PIE (towards Changi Airport) slip road at Stevens Rd Exit
- Thomson Road (near Novena Rise)
Buses and motorists were stranded at the junction of Paya Lebar Road and Ubi Avenue 2. Construction worker Du Zhi You, 35, said he saw water reaching the headlights of cars parked along Armugam Road as he was walking home from work.