'I lost everything': Housewife regrets not buying fire insurance

Madam Norizan Abuhassan in her temporary accommodation in Ang Mo Kio. ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN
Gift this subscriber-only story to your friends and family

SINGAPORE - To escape an electrical fire that engulfed her second-storey Housing Board flat, Madam Norizan Abuhassan, 42, her husband and son jumped from her window.

The fire, which occurred on Feb 28 last year, destroyed the two-room flat in Block 22 Jalan Tenteram, in Whampoa, and personal belongings worth $6,000.

Already a subscriber? 

Read the full story and more at $9.90/month

Get exclusive reports and insights with more than 500 subscriber-only articles every month

Unlock these benefits

  • All subscriber-only content on ST app and straitstimes.com

  • Easy access any time via ST app on 1 mobile device

  • E-paper with 2-week archive so you won't miss out on content that matters to you

Join ST's Telegram channel and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.