Ensure appliances are properly installed and maintained to prevent electrocution: Experts

Electrical fittings in bathrooms should be professionally and securely, installed, earthed and maintained. PHOTO: SIN CHEW DAILY/ASIA NEWS NETWORK
Gift this subscriber-only story to your friends and family

SINGAPORE - Electrical fittings, especially in bathrooms, should be properly installed and maintained, experts and residents told The Sunday Times, following an incident where an elderly couple and their son died of suspected electrocution in their flat in Lakeside last week.

The 80-year-old man reportedly fell in the shower on Thursday in his home at Block 120 Ho Ching Road. He and his wife, 66, were believed to have been electrocuted when she rushed in to assist him.

Already a subscriber? 

Read the full story and more at $9.90/month

Get exclusive reports and insights with more than 500 subscriber-only articles every month

Unlock these benefits

  • All subscriber-only content on ST app and straitstimes.com

  • Easy access any time via ST app on 1 mobile device

  • E-paper with 2-week archive so you won't miss out on content that matters to you

Join ST's Telegram channel and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.