SINGAPORE - A fire that broke out at a noodle stall in a Jurong East hawker centre on Tuesday (Sept 26) night left all stalls closed the following day.
A man was injured in the incident and 10 stalls were still closed on Thursday.
The fire broke out around 8pm at Yuhua Village Market & Food Centre, located at Block 254, Jurong East Street 24.
The fire involved an exhaust duct linked to one of the stalls, the Singapore Civil Defence Force told The Straits Times on Thursday.
It put out the fire using two water jets, and a man in his 30s was taken to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital for cuts to his right hand.
Videos of the fire posted on social media show the blaze raging, and the sound of glass shattering can be heard as the fire rages on.
A spokesman for the Jurong-Clementi Town Council told ST that the fire damaged the exhaust fan, metal roof and fittings of affected stalls.
It said all stalls were closed on Wednesday while the gas supplier and electricians conducted another round of safety inspections.
Some stalls have resumed business since, but 10 stalls - 01-07 to 01-16 - remain closed in order to facilitate repair works for the damaged exhaust fan and metal roof.
The town council plans to complete repairs by this Friday.
The spokesman added that most stallholders have fire insurance for their stalls, and the Town Council, along with the National Environment Agency and grassroots leaders, will assist affected stallholders.
She added that the town council will also check on the fire prevention installations in the hawker centre and arrange for SCDF to talk to the stallholders about fire safety.