A car being towed away at the multistorey carpark at Block 141A in Toa Payoh Lorong 2, after three vehicles were involved in a fire at around 6.45am yesterday.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), which put out the fire, said no one was injured. The Straits Times understands that a man was trying to jump-start his car when the fire occurred.
According to Mr Joey Lim, 51, managing director of local car servicing firm Harmony Motor, there are two ways that jump-starting a car using a jumper lead could cause a fire: a short circuit or sparking when connecting the jump cable.
"If you connect the positive end to the negative end directly, the cable will melt instantly and, if kept connected, flaming is possible," said Mr Lim.