Fire in Peninsula Plaza leaves one person with minor injuries

A fire broke out in a third-floor eating house in Peninsula Plaza on Monday afternoon.

It is believed to have been caused by a gas explosion in the shop selling Myanmar food. One man in his 20s was sent to hospital with burns to his legs.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force said members of the public self-evacuated the building before their arrival, and that the fire was put out by an internal sprinkler system that was activated.

The Straits Times found about 100 employees and members of the public gathered outside the building after the incident, which took place at about 12.40pm.

Join ST's WhatsApp Channel and get the latest news and must-reads.