A fire broke out at Concourse Skyline condominium construction site along Beach Road on Wednesday morning. No injuries were reported.
The fire started just before 10am and cafe patrons at The Concourse next door reported seeing thick black smoke billowing from the top floors of the development.
It is understood that the fire was triggered by sparks from a cutting process igniting a chemical material. It was put out by workers on site.
A Singapore Civil Defence Force fire engine and ambulance were deployed to the site, but the fire was already extinguished when they arrived.