SINGAPORE - The case of the two German nationals charged with breaking into the SMRT Bishan depot three times and vandalising a train last month is scheduled for another pre-trial conference on Jan 14.
Mr Christopher Bridges, who is representing Andreas Von Knorre and Elton Hinz, both 21, told reporters on Wednesday that he will be making further representations to the Attorney General's Chambers.
The prosecution has offered to proceed on three of the four charges against his clients.
"So far, my instructions are to take a certain course,'' he said.
Mr Bridges said he has seen his clients twice and another two times via video-link.
The pair, who are now in remand at Changi Prison, are alleged to have trespassed into the depot on Nov 8 and spraying graffiti on the exterior of the SMRT train between 2.48am and 3.29am.
They are said to have entered the protected place earlier on Nov 6 at 2.43am and at about 2.20am on Nov 7.
They were arrested by Malaysian police at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and extradited to Singapore.
Both are working in Australia and were on holiday here at the time of the alleged offences.
If convicted of vandalism, they could be fined up to $2,000 or jailed for up to three years plus three to eight strokes of the cane each. The maximum punishment for entering a protected place is a $1,000 fine and two years on each charge.