SINGAPORE - A 31-year-old man has been arrested for stealing a motorcycle in Bedok, the police said.
The motorcycle had been parked at the multi-storey carpark at Block 116A, Bedok North Road.
A police report was made over the theft at 6.20am on Oct 20.
Officers from the Bedok Police Division conducted investigations and identified the suspect.
He was arrested near Block 528, Bedok North Street 3, at 7pm on Friday (Oct 27).
If found guilty of theft of a motor vehicle, he can be jailed for up to seven years and fined.
Just last month, a 19-year-old man was arrested for stealing motorcycles in areas such as Clementi, Jurong, Marsiling and Yishun.
In August, a 41-year-old man was arrested for stealing a motorcycle in Tampines, while a 19-year-old was arrested for trying to steal another motorcycle in Yishun.
The police have suggested the following crime prevention measures for motorcycle owners:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard; and
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended.