UPDTE: As of March 27, 1pm, there are 18 community tribute sites where the public can pay their last respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew.
SINGAPORE – The first six community sites around Singapore for members of the public to pay tribute to Mr Lee Kuan Yew will be up by Tuesday, the People’s Association said.
They are located at Tanjong Pagar Community Club, Ang Mo Kio Central Stage at the town centre, the open space at Bedok town centre, the hardcourt opposite Choa Chu Kang MRT Station, Canopy @J Link (next to JCube and Jurong Regional Library) and Tampines Community Plaza (in front of Tampines One Mall).
They will be ready for the public to remember Mr Lee Kuan Yew from 10am on Tuesday (March 24).
Another 12 community sites will be up by 10am on Wednesday (March 25).
They will operate daily from 10.00am to 8.00pm, until Mar 29 when the state funeral will be held.
PA will telecast the state funeral for residents at the 18 community sites.
The other sites are:
- Hong Lim Park next to Telok Ayer Hong Lim Green Community Centre
- Toa Payoh Central Community Club
- Kovan Hub
- Sengkang Community Hub
- Kampong Kembangan Community Club (Foyer)
- Hardcourt at Blk 749 Yishun Street 72 Singapore 760749
- Senja-Cashew Community Club
- Woodlands Civic Centre
- Open Area at Blk 442 and Blk 449 Clementi Ave 3
- People's Association Headquarters
- Singapore Botanic Gardens (Botany Centre)
- Marina Barrage
Members of the public can also pay tribute and pen their memories of Mr Lee Kuan Yew at 25 public libraries. A memory collection booth will be set up at each of these libraries from March 25 to Apr 22.
Here is an interactive guide to locations across Singapore where the public can pen their tributes.