- 2.5 litres of chicken stock
- 70g galangal roots, shredded
- 2pcs lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 6pcs kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 5pcs mini round eggplant, cut into quarters
- 200g straw mushrooms, halved and boiled
- 200g fresh mushrooms
- 20g fish sauce
- 50ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 chicken legs , cut into pieces
- 5 pcs birds' eye chili, crushed
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a stock pot over high heat.
- Add the galangal roots, lemongrass, straw mushrooms, eggplant and chicken meat. Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and lime juice. Add the kaffir lime leaves and birds' eye chili. Serve hot.
Total fat: 5g
Saturated fat: 1g
When preparing homemade soup stocks, use fresh ingredients, herbs and spices, suggests the Health Promotion Board.