SINGAPORE - Some batches of a brand of mussels imported from Australia may cause illness and have been recalled, the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) said on Monday (March 21).
Selected batches of Spring Bay Australian Mussels have been contaminated with a biotoxin, the Food Standards Australia and New Zealand has warned.
The diarrhetic shellfish toxin may cause illness if consumed, AVA said. Symptoms include diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, chills and abdominal pain.
AVA said it has confirmed that affected Spring Bay Australian Mussels were imported into Singapore.
The importer has completed the recall of the implicated products, which are produced by Spring Bay Seafoods, it added.
The affected products are the 1kg blue packets and 2 kg yellow packets with use-by dates March 24, 25, 26 and 27.
Also affected are the 1kg net bags with use-by dates of March 22, 23 and 25.
Consumers who have purchased the implicated products are advised not to consume them, AVA said.
Those who have consumed the affected products should seek medical advice if they have concerns.