Altar in flat catches fire, no one hurt

SINGAPORE - An altar in a Bedok Housing Board flat caught fire on Sunday night, but none of the unit's occupants were injured.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) received a call for help at about 9pm, and dispatched two fire engines and one red rhino to Block 615, Bedok Reservoir Road.

The fire was put out with one water jet within five minutes. No injuries were reported.

Join ST's Telegram channel and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.