A nine-month-old baby suffered second-degree burns to his arm after being allegedly scalded at a childcare centre in Boon Lay.
Photographs of the toddler's swollen arm covered with blisters, surfaced on social media site Facebook after a friend of the boy's mother, Ms Wendy Foo, posted them on Tuesday.
According to Ms Foo, a minder from the centre at Boon Lay told the boy's parents that someone had accidentally spilled coffee on the child. However, the parents did not find any coffee stains on his arm and requested to review the closed-circuit television footage.
"The video show differently from what they claim to be," said Ms Foo in her online post. Ms Foo wrote that the case has been reported to the Ministry of Social and Family Development and the child has been withdrawn from the childcare centre.