Barely a day after the latest Build-To-Order (BTO) launch and there were already about 16 applications from singles for every two-room flat on offer.
The latest figures, posted on the Housing Board's website at 2pm on Wednesday, showed that the 231 units in Sengkang were more popular than the units on offer in Yishun.
A total of 519 two-room flats were launched with up to a third being set aside specifically for singles. This is the first time singles are able to bid for brand new public flats. Previously they were restricted to the resale market.
Analysts said the latest figures reflected the attractiveness of the latest offering in terms of pricing and grants given. PropNex chief executive Mr Mohamed Ismail said: "It seems clear from the latest launch that the Government is recognising that singles are important contributors to society." The exercise closes on Aug 5.