SINGAPORE - Eleven parliamentarians will pay tribute to the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew at a special Parliament sitting at 4pm on Thursday.
Speaker of Parliament, Madam Halimah Yacob, will make introductory remarks, before parliamentarians make their speeches.
The 11 MPs who will be speaking are:
1. Minister for Defence, Dr Ng Eng Hen, Leader of the House and Member of Parliament for Bishan-Toa Payoh
2. Mr Seng Han Thong, MP for Ang Mo Kio
3. Mr Low Thia Khiang, secretary-general of the Workers' Party and MP for Aljunied GRC
4. Former Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng, MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh
5. Mr Thomas Chua Kee Seng, Nominated Member of Parliament
6. Mr Masagos Zulkifli, Senior Minister of State for the Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and MP for Tampines
7. Mr Vikram Nair, MP for Sembawang
8. Ms Sim Ann, Minister of State for Ministry of Education and Ministry of Communications and Information and MP for Holland-Bukit Timah
9. Ms Chia Yong Yong, NMP
10. Mr Christopher de Souza, MP for Holland-Bukit Timah
11. Ms Indranee Rajah, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Law and Ministry of Education, and MP for Tanjong Pagar
One minute of silence will be observed at the end of the tributes.
After the special sitting, all parliamentarians, including Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, will pay homage to the late Mr Lee.
Admission to the special sitting will be for invited guests only. These include civil servants, members of Singapore's Old Guard, unionists, grassroots leaders, students, a broad spectrum of society comprising Singaporeans from all walks of life, and members of the media.
Participants will be wearing black ribbons to mark the occasion.
There will be live coverage of the sitting on 938LIVE; Channel News Asia; Parliament's website; and www.rememberingLeeKuanYew.sg.
Mr Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore's first Prime Minister, died at the age of 91 on March 23.