You don't have to be young to be hot: Mr Alan Ong was 60 years old when he was featured in The Sunday Times Hot Bods column in 2008.
He is one of the 100 people from the Hot Bods series whose stories have been compiled into a new e-book, 100 Hot Bods, out now in The Straits Times Star (ST Star) app.
Apart from the archived photos and interviews, the book also contains stories on fitness and eating tips, as well as a statistical breakdown of some of the information amassed through the 10 years of the series.
They include figures on the age, weight, height, diet and exercise regimen of more than 1,000 of our "Hot Bods". We found, for instance, that seven per cent of them were at least 40 years old when they were featured.
Want to know more facts about our Hot Bods? Download 100 Hot Bods, and you might even win $500 in Under Armour vouchers! We are giving away three sets of $500 vouchers.
Launched in June, the app is aimed at bringing to a wider audience The Straits Times' brand of journalism in an exciting multimedia format.
Along with 100 Hot Bods, the app is also home to an interactive monthly lifestyle magazine called The Life, which has articles on style, design, pursuits, travel and food.
The ST Star app is an extension of The Straits Times Appreciates Readers (Star) programme, an ongoing effort to reach out to readers and the community.
How to get 100 Hot Bods free
2. Alternatively, go to the App Store or Google Play and search "The Straits Times Star" to download the ST Star app, which is available for the iPad and Android tablets and smartphones. The app is designed for tablets and optimised for the iPad.
3. Once you are in the ST Star app:
- If you are a Straits Times All-In-One subscriber, log in using the same username or e-mail address and password that you use to log in to the ST app or www.straitstimes.com
- If you are not yet an All-In-One subscriber to The Straits Times, please click "I'm just browsing" to go to the storefront.
4. Once you are in the app's storefront, you can download 100 Hot Bods free. Also available for free download in the ST Star app are Issues 1 & 2 of The Life, a monthly lifestyle magazine from The Straits Times.