Twelve-year-old Teo Swee Eng (right) taking care of a five-foot-way library in Amoy Street on March 14, 1950. Readers paid five cents a book to read at the stall.
Buy the photograph at this website.
Photonico is a website offering high-quality stock photos that celebrate Asian contemporary culture and heritage.
It is a platform that showcases the thousands of editorial and stock photos shot by our staff and contributing photographers.
These photos can be purchased for personal and commercial use at an affordable price.
1. Search from a vast selection of curated Asian culture and heritage photos.
2. Buy photos of old and modern Singapore, travel, nature, food, daily life and more.
3. Use the photos on different platforms with our various licensing options.
1. Shoot your own photos of Singapore and Asian street scenes, nature, daily life and travel. To contribute photos, get in touch with us at email@example.com
2. Share them with us and be part of our community of photographers at Photonico.asia
3. Earn when your photos are sold with our 50 per cent revenue share programme.