SINGAPORE - In need of a short getaway during the December holidays?
Travel planning and booking website TripAdvisor has released its list of top 15 trending attractions in South-east Asia.
The 15 places, according to TripAdvisor, saw the greatest increase in traveller interest on its website from September to October this year.
Ranked top with a search traffic increase of 242 per cent was Bali's Sindhu Market, a charming space consisting of small shops that peddle local delights, fresh produce and trinkets.
Nacpan Beach in Philippines' El Nido, a slightly more off-the-beaten path option, was ranked second.
Ho Chi Minh City's pedestrian-only Nguyen Hue Street, the Pinto Art Museum in Philippines' Antipolo City and the Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden in Pattaya, Thailand, round out the top five.
A total of five destinations in Thailand made the list, followed by four attractions each in Indonesia and Philippines.
Here is the full list of trending attractions
1. Sindhu Market - Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
2. Nacpan Beach - El Nido, Philippines
3. Nguyen Hue Street - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4. Pinto Art Museum - Antipolo City, Philippines
5. Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden - Pattaya, Thailand
6. Bua Thong Waterfalls (Nam Phu Chet Si) - Chiang Mai, Thailand
7. Gili Meno Beach - Gili Islands, Indonesia
8. Cartoon Network Amazone - Jomtien Beach, Pattaya, Thailand
9. Monkey Hill - Phuket Town, Thailand
10. Krabi Weekend Night Market - Krabi Town, Thailand
11. Tegenungan Waterfall - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
12. Nuvali - Santa Rosa, Philippines
13. Puri Saren Palace - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
14. Kawasan Falls - Moalboal, Cebu island, Philippines
15. Mid Valley Megamall - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia