Sick after eating delivered food

Concerns are being raised over whether the storage bags used by delivery companies, exposed to heat and humidity, could be a source of bacterial growth

The recent coroner's report on the case of a man who died after eating a catered bento set from the Spize restaurant again put the spotlight on food safety and the likelihood of being poisoned by food.

There has been a string of mass food poisoning cases in the past year, with most traced back to caterers. Clearly, safety is as much the responsibility of the food industry as of the consumer, if not more.

Please or to continue reading the full article. Learn more about ST PREMIUM.

Enjoy unlimited access to ST's best work

  • Exclusive stories and features on multiple devices
  • In-depth analyses and opinion pieces
  • ePaper and award-winning multimedia content
A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on September 02, 2019, with the headline 'Sick after eating delivered food'. Print Edition | Subscribe