Create your own scrub and mask
Try your hand at making a natural beauty remedy with these two recipes.
COFFEE GROUND BODY SCRUB
• 1 cup coffee grounds
• 3 Tbs sea salt or brown sugar
• 6 Tbs coconut oil (solid or liquid)
1. Measure the dry ingredients and mix them in a large bowl. For solid coconut oil, melt it in a microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each time, until it melts to a smooth liquid. Add it to the dry mixture.
2. Stir well and store in a waterproof jar or container. Store in a cool place.
3. Use the scrub after a shower. Massage on wet skin in a circular motion to exfoliate and soften the skin. Rinse with warm water.
EGG WHITE AND HONEY FACE MASK
• 1 egg
• 1 Tbs honey
1. Separate the egg yolk from the white.
2. Mix the egg white with the honey and apply it on the face after cleansing. Leave the mixture on for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. The mask is said to help calm acne-prone skin, moisturise the skin as well as tighten pores.