The Singapore Camera Club was mooted by a group of camera enthusiasts and established on 1950, July 1.
The club aimed to help members improve their technical skills through publishing journals, holding competitions and sharing technical advice.
The club was headed by Yee Joon Toh as its first president, followed by Ang Chwee Chai, who helped increase its membership quickly.
It gained greater momentum when Loke Wan Tho, famed cinema magnate of Cathay Organisation, and C. A. Gibson-Hill, then director of the National Musuem, were at the helm, organising the first Pan-Malayan Photographic Exhibition and producing its first issue of Foto News newsletter.
The Singapore Camera Club was renamed Photographic Society of Singapore on 1956, February 5.
For more information, click here.