Take part in an online contest by The Straits Times Food (ST Food) and you can win a festive dinner for two at Resorts World Sentosa.
ST Food is treating 10 lucky readers to gourmet dinners this festive season. Five readers will each win a festive dinner for two worth $276++ at Curate restaurant, and another five will each win a festive dinner for two worth $300++at the one-Michelin-starred Osia Steak and Seafood Grill.
All you have to do is go to The Straits Times Food's Facebook page, like the page and tag a friend in the comments section of the post about this contest.
The contest opens on Nov 27 and closes at 5pm on Dec 8. Winners will be contacted via Facebook messenger.
The festive menus at both restaurants are available until Dec 23.
Winners must redeem their prizes by this date. Advance notice required for redemption.
Redemption at Curate is from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, except Sundays and Mondays. For Osia Steak and Seafood grill, redemption is from 6pm to 10.30pm daily, except Wednesdays. Terms and conditions apply (See below).
Curate is helmed by chef de cuisine Benjamin Halat who has worked at Michelin-starred restaurants in Germany and Switzerland. The 32-year-old who hails from Munich has designed a special five-course contemporary fine-dining menu to bring the "winter Christmas experience from the Alps to Singapore". Each course is inspired by his German heritage and festive fare he enjoyed with family and friends back home.
Dinner begins in the restaurant's wine cellar with three starters of Bavarian potato salad, Swiss fondue praline and a Swiss Farmer's breakfast, served with a glass of gluhwein (mulled wine).
Take your seats in the restaurant and be served an exquisite selection of starters such as Obazda - a beer garden snack made of cheese and spices. The palate cleanser is an interesting red cabbage sorbet, Kraut sei dank.
Highlights of the meal include Chef Halat's fresh modern interpretation of the quintessentially Bavarian Pig's Trotter With Sauerkraut And Beer. Sauerkraut is fermented in-house for four months, braised, juiced and infused with homemade Blackforest ham for 48 hours. The final juice is made into a jelly. The pig trotter is cured, cooked in dark beer, then pressed into a terrine.
Another nod to Chef Halat's heritage is the Duck Breast With Brioche Dumplings And Red Cabbage.
His take on a traditional German dessert, Kaiserschmarrn (shredded pancake), is a light parfait with almond and raisins, served with a glass of rum.
Osia's award-winning chef de cuisine Douglas Tay presents a special showcase of the restaurant's iconic dishes for his festive offering.
The Pan-fried Foie Gras is served with pineapple in four different textures and flavours - pineapple chutney, pineapple vanilla glaze, pineapple coconut rum, and freeze-dried pineapple.
Another house signature is the Roasted Wagyu Beef Tenderloin served with burnt celeraic, puffed brown rice, sea water foam and textured sauce. The dish packed with earthy flavours is inspired by Chef Tay's army days.
Round off the meal with a delightful dessert of Hot Chocolate Soup and Black Peppered Ice Cream served with a sesame crisp.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Winners must redeem their prizes by Dec 23.
2. Advance notice required for redemption. Redemption at Curate is from 6.30pm to 10.30pm, except Sundays and Mondays. For Osia Steak and Seafood grill, redemption is from 6pm to 10.30pm daily, except Wednesdays. Terms and conditions apply.
3. Set menu is fixed. Kindly indicate any dietary restrictions when making reservation.
4. In the event of dispute, the decision made by Resorts World Sentosa is final.
5. Resorts World Sentosa reserves the right to amend the above terms and conditions without prior notice.
6. Limited to one entry per Facebook account for the duration of the ST Food contest period.
7. Staff of SPH and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this contest.
8. If the winner does not respond to messages or cannot claim the prize, the organiser reserves the right to select another winner.
9. We reserve the right to substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the prizes offered without notice to the participants and to amend the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice.
10. By participating in the lucky draw, the participant agrees that:
a. Any and all personal data submitted may be collected, used and/or disclosed to SPH and its related corporations and business partners (collectively, "SPH Group") for various purposes, including to communicate with the participant for purposes related to the lucky draw, to provide goods and services to the participant upon request, and other such purposes SPH Group may reasonably deem appropriate or in relation to which the participant has otherwise provided SPH Group with consent
b. SPH Group may (whether to promote the lucky draw or otherwise) collect, use, disclose and share amongst themselves and their respective service providers, the participant's personal data, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of these participants ("Material") for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in SPH Group's publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and
c. The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in SPH without further compensation.