• 500ml liquid palm sugar
• 3 pandan leaves
• 700ml santan
• 5g salt
• 2g vanilla powder
• 1kg glutinous rice, steamed
1. Heat wok over medium heat. Add liquid palm sugar and pandan leaves and let the mixture come to a slow boil. When the liquid palm sugar thickens, add santan, salt and vanilla powder. Mix well.
2. Add in glutinous rice and stir well. Lower the heat and keep folding the mixture until the liquid completely evaporates. Be careful not to burn the glutinous rice.
3. When the rice is somewhat dry, remove from heat and transfer the wajik to a tray.
4. Press and flatten the rice with a spatula. Let it cool at room temperature for about 2 hours. Cut into diamond shapes and serve.
Makes 1 tray.