• ½ cup dried wakame seaweed, soaked in water to soften and expand
• 1 cup peeled jumbo crab meat, available in pasteurised tubs from supermarkets
• ½ pomelo, peeled and flesh broken up (also sold in ready-peeled forms at some supermarkets)
• 1 bunch Chinese celery, leaves plucked, stems cut into short lengths
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• About 1 cup avocado "ice cream", prepared beforehand
JAPANESE VINEGAR DRESSING
• ¼ cup rice vinegar
• ½ tsp wasabi paste
• 1 tbs sugar
• 1 tbs light soya sauce
Make the vinegar dressing by mixing the ingredients together. Adjust the seasoning to your preference.
Squeeze seaweed to get rid of excess water. Add the vinegar dressing and leave to marinate.
When ready to serve, place the marinated seaweed on the plate. Top with crab meat and pomelo. Garnish with celery leaves and
Place small scoops of avocado "ice cream"? on the plate and serve.
AVOCADO 'ICE CREAM' (Makes about a cup)
• 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
• 1 tbs honey
• Pinch of salt
• Juice from ¼ lemon
• About ¼ cup of water
Cut the peeled avocado into smaller pieces. Place in a blender bowl. Add the lemon juice, honey and salt, and enough water, about ¼ cup, and process till smooth. (If you intend to use this as a sweet, add more honey to taste and omit the salt.)
It should be the consistency of soft ice cream. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
Freeze the mixture, covered, for at least two hours. Remove from the freezer and let it defrost for 15 minutes or so before using it in dishes.
SERVES FOUR TO SIX