Why you should carry it:
It is time to master the art of decluttering because the mini bag has made its return.
Small bags look elegant and chic when slung across the body, especially compared to larger and more shapeless tote bags.
Plus, you can head straight to a party from work without having to change your bag.
What to look out for and how to style it:
• Choose a bag that comes with an adjustable long strap so that you can sling it across your body to keep your hands free.
• Try to keep to a bag that can fit a Kindle at most, so that you will not be tempted to pack as much stuff in it.
• The bag may be small, but it can act as a statement piece to your outfit. Choose a bag that has a loud print or comes in a bright colour.
• Who says you need to use a matching strap with your bag? Look to luxury label Fendi for inspiration - customise your mini bag with a leather strap of a different colour.
• Play with proportions: a small bag will stand out against a full skirt or voluminous blouse.
Here are some picks:
1. Keeya small twist bag in fiery red (15.5 x 20 x 11.5cm), $189, from Kipling
Like a chilli padi, this fire-engine red handbag is small but impactful.
2. Yellow push-lock bag (12.5 x 17.5 x 7.5cm), $66.90, from Charles & Keith
This yellow bag may look rather lady-like, but you do not have to style it as such. Pair this bag with a tailored pants outfit for contrast.
3. Striped Bultei bag with red strap and padlock with key (18 x 12 x 4cm), $79, from Aldo
The padlock and key add a playful touch to this blue and white bag.
4. Mini luggage crossbody bag in Cherry (9 x 15 x 5 cm), $570, from Kate Spade New York
Make a statement with this mini luggage bag.
Avoid matching the colour of the bag to your outfit so that it will stand out.