Why you should wear it
Although the all-white shoe trend emerged in 2014, its popularity has yet to peak and shows no signs of stopping. At the risk of sounding like a broken tape recorder, white goes with everything - from the loudest prints and patterns to the most pared-back, minimalist of outfits.
How to style white shoes is not a problem, but keeping them clean is.
Here are some tips on how to keep them pristine:
• Protect new fabric shoes with a coat of stain- and water-repellent spray, such as a Scotchgard spray. Spray a new coat every few weeks for maintenance.
• Remove stains or dirt as soon as they appear. For stains that have dried, brush them off with a soft toothbrush and dish soap, and wipe dry when done. Avoid using bleach as it might cause discolouration.
• When airing white leather shoes, avoid leaving them under direct sunlight as it might cause the leather to crack and peel.
• To restore shine to patent leather shoes, use a leather cleaner that has silicone in it.
1. White vinyl d'orsay heels, $79.90, from Zara
Pair these chic heels with a patterned dress or jumpsuit.
2. White Abisen leather sneakers, $149, from Aldo
A sneaker that is cut low at the ankle is the most versatile. Wear with bright, patterned socks to make a statement.
3. Cut work mid-heel sandals in faux leather in Chalk, $56.90, from Charles & Keith
The cut-out detail on these heels is not just pretty to look at - it provides more grip on your feet for comfort.
4. Leather espadrilles with flower applique, $315, from Coach
Sweet and tough: The studs on these espadrilles add a tough edge to the feminine flower trim. Great for casual outfits or jeans.
5. Leather ballerinas, $95.90, from Mango
It is all in the details - what could have been a basic leather pump is made interesting with a lace-up trim and bow.