How can I pull off wearing bright colours, head-to-toe florals and statement stripes?
Bright colours and prints have returned for the warmer months, but they are back in bolder and more exaggerated fashion.
The secret to wearing bright colours is to stick to a solid primary colour that flatters your skin tone and mix contrasting colours or prints into your outfit.
To rock the all-over floral look, stick to a darker palette.
Although stripes can be rigid, strive to incorporate some unexpected elements, such as thick graphic lines and pairing separates that have stripes angled in different directions.
Here are some suggestions, some of which are on sale during the Great Singapore Sale.
Pair horizontal and vertical stripes for an unexpected look.
1. Print striped top with shoulder ruffle, $59.90, from Mango
2. Striped linen- blend trousers, $89.90, from Mango
3. Canela frayed denim espadrilles, $182 (usual price: $260), from Castaner
Super bright colours and prints
Wearing one solid colour is the easiest way to pull off this trend. If you would rather mix and match colours, keep to three as any more will make the look complicated.
1. Blue Ikat print cotton blouse, $210 (usual price: $265), from Bimba Y Lola
2. Fionneh pants in kumquat, $375 (usual price: $469), from Club Monaco
3. Large zinc and plastic link earrings, $14.90, from Pull & Bear
4. Lecia leather strap sandals with tassels, $161 (usual price: $230), from UGG
To spruce up a dark outfit, pair it with an accessory in a contrasting colour.
1. Woodstock floral shift dress, $53.94 (usual price: $89.90), from warehouse
2. Blue floral sateen scarf, $16.90, from Bershka
3. Patsy sandals, $763 (usual price: $1,090), from 3.1 Phillip Lim at Club 21