Satin-glow base make-up products are the new must-haves for flawless-looking skin.
They do not leave the face looking too dewy or greasy. The finish is not too matte either, so the skin looks translucent and healthy.
Such products come in the form of foundations, primers or compact powders. Some also come with additional skincare benefits and UV protection.
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Makeup To Go Liquid Compact, $68, from Estee Lauder counters
A rich and creamy foundation that provides high coverage. The liquid is dispensed through a pump built into the compact for easy, on-the-go touch-ups.
It contains moisturising hyaluronic acid, glycerin and muru muru butter, as well as argireline and milk thistle extract to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
2. Guerlain Parure Gold Gold Radiance Foundation Rejuvenating Effect, $132, from Guerlain counters
Gold pigments are added to this moisturising foundation with medium coverage to give skin a glow and a flawless finish.
Collagen and elastin boosters are also added to help plump skin, while oil of myrrh nourishes skin.
3. M.A.C Studio Waterweight Foundation, $62, from M.A.C counters
A lightweight, watery foundation that offers sheer to medium coverage with a semi-matte finish.
4. Dior Glow Maximizer Base Illuminatrice Light Boosting Primer, $65, from Dior counters
This creamy liquid primer swirled with gold iridescent flecks gives skin an immediate radiance. Apply all over face and layer foundation on top or use as a highlighter in strategic spots to sculpt the face.
5. Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide, $78, from Laura Mercier counters
A fine, oil-free liquid foundation that offers medium to full coverage with a satin matte finish.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Poudre Compact Radiance, $75, from Yves Saint Laurent Beaute counters
A finely milled powder for touching up. It absorbs excess sebum and adds a natural glow to the skin so make-up looks fresh for the whole day.
7. IDS Diamond Dust Perfector, from $90, from IDS Clinic, 05-07 Novena Specialist Centre
An anti-ageing product - with niacinamide and adenosine - that can be worn alone or layered under foundation. It is blended with diamond dust particles to help skin better reflect light so it looks brighter and more even in colour.
8. Maquillage Peach Change Base, $55, from Maquillage counters
A primer that adds a subtle peach undertone to the skin while protecting it with SPF 25 PA+++.
9. VDL Lumilayer Primer Fresh, $36, from VDL stores
A lightweight, gel-textured primer with iridescent specks to add radiance to the skin. Wear it under foundation to help make-up last longer or as a subtle highlighter.
10. Majolica Majorca Nude Make Gel, $25.90, from Majolica Majorca counters
A lightweight, multi-purpose colour-correcting make-up base with SPF 30 PA+++.
11. Lancome Teint Miracle Compact Powder Foundation Bare Skin Perfection Natural Light Creator, $92 ($65 for a refill, $27 for a casing, from Lancome counters)
If you do not like liquids or creams, this powder compact adds a subtle radiance to the skin while giving it a satin-matte texture.
12. Cosme Decorte AQ Meliority Makeup Essence 01, $145, from Cosme Decorte counters
A watery and moisturising essence primer to give skin a natural-looking glow. Made with SPF 20/ PA++.