One of Singapore's hottest sales has a new locale and date.
The Club 21 Bazaar, held in recent years at the F1 Pit Building and in October, will instead be housed at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in Marina Bay Sands from today to Sunday.
The dates of the sale were brought forward due to space availability at Marina Bay Sands, says a spokesman for multi-label luxury retailer Club 21, who adds: "This year, we were offered the opportunity to hold the bazaar at Marina Bay Sands so we decided to take it up.
"We hope that the new venue will attract a new group of customers. Marina Bay Sands has tourist traffic and the venue is just above the MRT station, which would make it easier for customers to visit us."
Art director Chia Min Da, 27, believes that the new venue will be "much more accessible" and also more comfortable than the F1 Pit Building. He previously had to queue along a corridor before entering the building and it would get quite hot, he says.
The size of the Marina Bay Sands venue - a square room of 45,000 sq ft - is about the same as the previous space at F1 Pit Building.
Another thing to note is that this year's bazaar will not have changing rooms. This is to prevent patrons from fighting over them, which had happened previously, says the spokesman.
Get the best deals
You can expect a huge crowd ready to pursue the best deals. In 2015, it was estimated that an average of 5,200 shoppers attended the Club 21 Bazaar each day. There was no sale last year.
Club 21 shares a survival guide to the bazaar:
• Arrive early to secure the sizes and styles you want. Shoppers have been known to arrive at least an hour before doors open.
• Those who bring big handbags will need to have them sealed before entering the venue. Avoid wasting time on this by using a cross-body bag or waist pouch, so you can stroll right in.
• Make sure your chosen sale items have price tags before you join the cashier queue. Otherwise, the cashier will have to spend time looking for the correct price, which will hold up the line.
• New products are added each day, so it is worth visiting the bazaar on different days.
• Make a list of the items from the specific brands that you want and home in on them, instead of casually browsing as the sale will be packed.
Shoppers can enjoy up to 80 per cent off on more than 300 luxury brands, including Jil Sander and Stella McCartney.
Selected recent designs, from the current Spring/Summer 2017 collections, will also be sold.
Clothing and accessories for men and women will be sold at the bazaar, as well as designs for children.
There are two multi-label Club21 stores at Forum The Shopping Mall and Four Seasons Hotel.
The bazaar started more than 10 years ago and is held every one to two years. There are no plans at the moment to hold one next year.
Club 21 members will get to preview the highly anticipated sale today from 10am to 8pm. UOB card members may enter from 1pm. The sale will be open to the public tomorrow from 10am to 8pm and on Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
Credit card, Nets and cash payment are accepted.
The Club 21 Bazaar will be held from today till Sunday at Exhibition Hall C, Level 1 Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, 10 Bayfront Avenue.