Has debonair, rich, smart, savvy and well connected George Clooney finally met his match in a woman in Amal Alamuddin? Reports say she not only has beauty, brains, a great job and good pedigree, she also has great style.
* Her parents, fleeing war-torn Beirut, brought her to Britain when she was two years old. She inherits her beauty from her mother Baria, 66, who lives in Britain and who is said to be resemble the late screen beauty, Elizabeth Taylor, reported Britain's Daily Mail. The foreign editor of Arab newspaper Al Hayat, Baria has appeared on TV commenting on Middle East affairs and interviewing heads of state. Her grandmother was said to be the first woman graduate of the American University in Beirut. Her father Ramzi, said to be an ex-vice president of the university, returned to Lebanon in 1991.
* A law graduate of Oxford University and New York University School of Law, she specialises in international law and human rights from her base in London, and has written book chapters and articles on international criminal law. In 2011, she started representing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in his fight against extradition to Sweden.
* She is also fluent in French and Arabic and is advising Kofi Annan, the former United Nations Secretary General, on Syria.
* Last year, she topped the 21 Hottest Baristers in London list for women, created by Yourbarristerboyfriend.tumblr.com, reported the Mail. Her entry on the site begins: "Amo, Amas, Amal. These are three short words that come to mind when thinking about this dazzling beauty."
* The future Mrs George Clooney will be a natural on the red carpets of Hollywood. She was seen in a chic red halter dress and hoop earrings while out on a date with the actor. Last month, she cut a stylish figure when she was photographed outside her hotel, dressed in a snazzy pair of white pants teamed with a striking pair of shoes.