SEOUL •K-pop girl group Apink remain shaken by the death threat made against them on Wednesday, their agency said on Thursday.
"It's not just the members who are shocked, it's all of us. It is not something that we can just laugh off as a joke," an official from Plan A Entertainment said. "We're keeping a keen eye on (the threat). We're still waiting on what the police investigation finds out."
At around 7.40pm on Wednesday, an unidentified man called the Gangnam police station in Seoul and said he wanted to stab Apink members to death at 9pm in retaliation against their agency filing charges against him. Last month, Plan A filed criminal charges against Internet users who had posted malicious comments about group member Son Na Eun.
Officers were immediately sent to Plan A after the threat was made and a request was made for Apink's protection. The group members were at a practice facility in Seongdong-gu, eastern Seoul, at the time.
The agency said it was unclear whether the threat would affect the release date of Apink's new EP, Pink Up, on June 26.
Several popular K-pop stars have been subjected to threats or criminal acts in the past few weeks, including a death threat against Mina from girl group Twice.
THE KOREA HERALD/ASIA NEWS NETWORK