Actor, rock singer and comedian Jack Black is performing with his band Tenacious D on Dec 2 at The Coliseum.
He and singer-guitarist Kyle Gass mix comedy with rock music, something that Black is more popularly known for in movies such as 2003's School Of Rock.
His often off-colour humour has provoked people, but has also won him fans.
Here are 5 things to remember about him.
1. Black started acting in small but memorable roles in movies in the 1990s, many of them with Tim Robbins and notably in the director's Dead Man Walking (1995) and Cradle Will Rock (1999). But it was Richard Linklater's blockbuster School Of Rock - in which he plays a rocker-turned-teacher who imparts his love for rock 'n' roll to his students - that shot him to fame. It got him a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor.
2. Few fans can forget his other roles in High Fidelity (2000), playing an obnoxious employee in a record store, who, of course, also sings. He is the superficial man who falls in love with an obese woman (Gwyneth Paltrow) in Shallow Hal (2001) and the obsessed film-maker in Peter Jackson's King Kong (2005). In 2012, he reunited with Linklater in Bernie. He also famously voiced roles like the protagonist panda Po in the Kung Fu Panda movies.
3. In real life, the guitarist loves rock music. He formed Tenacious D in 1994, who are known for poking fun at heavy metal rock cliches in their concerts through their lyrics and skits. They have three studio albums. Black is also an ardent champion of rock music. In 2007, he stood out in a tribute to call "Led Zeppelin, the greatest rock and roll band of all time, better that the Beatles, better than the Stones, even better than Tenacious D."
4. Black is part of a group of comedy actors described as the "Frat Pack" who have appeared together in many of the highest-grossing comedy movies since the late 1990s. The group also includes Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn and Steve Carell.
5. The 45-year-old from California native is married to Tanya Haden, a 43-year-old cellist and singer. They have two sons, aged six and eight.